Fat Cat Comics is at 278 Main Street in Johnson City,
NY—practically across the street from the original Main Street store.
Here's a map to the store.
Fat Cat History
- May 4, 2013 — Free Comic Book Day, 2013.
- May 5, 2012 — Free Comic Book Day, 2012.
- October 29, 2011 — Halloween party with cake, and costumes, and cats.
- November 27, 2010 — Grand Re-opening Celebration with, as usual, cake and cats.
- ...and some pictures of the store taken that day.
- October 23, 2010 —Fat Cat Comics moved back "home" to Main Street! The Cat has moved to 278 Main Street in Johnson City. The new store is across the street and just west of the original Main Street store, and only about three blocks from the Avenue B location.
- August 1, 2010 — The Fat Cat Books store in Johnson City, is now Fat Cat Comics (you shouldn't notice a difference!) Brian Perry, owner since July 1976 is handing the reins over to Tawna Lewis, who has managed the store for 20-some years.
- July 17, 2010 — The Cat's 34th Anniversary with cake...and cats.
- July 8, 2010 — Press release announcing change of ownership.
- July 12, 2010 — Binghamton Press & Sun-Bulletin story on the change. Here's an excerpt:
Fat Cat Books to change hands
JOHNSON CITY Fat Cat Books will begin a new chapter Aug. 1 when Brian Perry, founder and owner of the business, hands the shop over to longtime employee and friend Tawna Lewis.
On that date, the store, at 15 Avenue B, will go by Fat Cat Comics. ...
© 2010, 2013 by Fat Cat Comics. All rights reserved. 20130628 1214